easter

Together

Together

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Politics-do it or don't complain

If not us, who will run this country?


Once again, like it have every other year for the last 36 years, I attended the mass/Caucus meeting for the Republican Party in the district in which I live. We had a really good turnout. the populace seems to be upset about politics in these United States.

The core issue seems to be the reelection of Sen. Bob Bennett. He has many opponents, 13 I think, but it is hard to tell who is behind all the negative campaigning. This year looks to be headed in an interesting, formerly unexplored, political territory. I like it!!!

It is really hard for me to listen to people complain about elected officials if they can't give up an hour every other year and voice their opinion about who is running. It's even more frustration when they don't vote. No excuses guys, VOTE--at least! Dad has voted absentee or early for 9 years now. If you really want to vote you can find a way.

If you don't know who to vote for well, call me and I will tell you who I am voting for and why. If you choose to trust my judgment--well. good for both of us!

I am so glad I live in these United States! I am scared about what will happen with this Health Insurance Bill signed into law today--but that is just more reason to stay involved and become educated! Another thing I can do better now that I have more time :)

2 comments:

Screamin' Meme said...

I'm with you Renee! Jim went his first ever Caucus meeting this year. I didn't get to go because of a sick little girl, but at least Jim was there and I vote every opportunity that comes up. I don't like sitting around waiting for someone else to make up my mind for me and then complain about it.

If only a handful of people can make big changes happen (removing prayer from schools and public events etc.) then what have we got to lose getting out there and sharing our opinion. We need to Stand up for what we believe in, because if we don't no one else will. I believe President Hinkley gave a talk on speaking out and standing up for what we believe in.

Jill Child McGowan said...

Here's my email again. jillchild@msn.com We'd love to see you :)