easter

Together

Together

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just January

Christmas is over and far too gone to recount. It was fun and very busy. Let's just start here.

Today was rather sad. I went to the Employment Center and returned my stuff. I will be officially released. I learned so much! I also feel like I was able to give so much. My fear now is that I am somehow turning my back on the blessings my Heavenly Father gave me, not only in the way of education but also in my personality.

I have had a lot of very boring teachers through my extremely long educational career. Learning from them was not easy, even when I was really interested in the subject. What if the teachers I am leaving this responsibility to are boring? What if they cannot have empathy for the students and their plight? What if the students don't get the hope and inspiration they so badly need? I guess I need to just trust the Lord and remind myself that He has the whole situation under control.

We had three new sisters in RS on Sunday. I did get out to meet them this week---yea success! But I also stopped by and met a sister that moved in about 4 months ago. Her records have never been received so I didn't pursue her. Why go looking for trouble? Anyway, she is really sweet but facing. . . .Her husband left her last summer, he just didn't want to be married any more. They had two children just 17 months apart and the youngest was less than a year old.
She moved here to go to School and get away from all the gossip and people they had known as a couple only to find out she was pregnant again. These last two will also only be 17 months apart. She is due in February. Her mom can come for the Presidents Day weekend, but that is all. Golly, she makes my life look like a breeze and reminds me to count my many blessings!

The triplets will be coming home sometime in the next two weeks. Now that is going to be an opportunity for many hours fo service. I pray there are many people willing to partake of those blessings.

Mary's Birthday is next week and Benny's is on the 14th. I am looking forward to both celebrations. I just need to get some presents bought . . . .the way I have loved spending money in the past you wouldn't think purchasing gifts would be a trial. Something must be wrong with me.

On February 4th we are having the Visiting Teaching Conference and March 4th is the RS Birthday Party. Both of which require a fair amount of planning. The real problem, the cut in the RS budget. Anybody for stone soup?

This is the kind of post that I should just delete. No one wants to hear my petty complaints. (Oh yea, my eye sight seems to be getting worse. I will call the ophthalmologist today!) I have a wonderful, busy life. I have been blessed beyond imagination. Thank you God, for the blessings, the trials, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for my husband, my kids, their spouses, my grandchildren, my calling, and my friends. The list could go on for pages. I am truly blessed. Thank you God.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm sorry you're not going to get to teach anymore, but I know there will be many many more opportunities to serve and use your talents and personality!

Unknown said...

That's a bummer you're done teaching. I'm sure you helped more than you know. I'm always happy to hear about how you're doing. :)

Mary said...

You are a very busy woman; I'm sad you won't be teaching, but I know you have touched many lives during this time!

Rebecca said...

Mom, I believe that the effect you personally can have on lives will far outweigh what you might see as inadequacies. You are an inspiration to those who know you, and I know that the people you touched during your classes -and especially in your ward- are blessed and honored to know an amazing woman like you.