easter

Together

Together

Monday, May 4, 2009

Saturday Was

I finally got a picture for my blog---me and Ella--I think it is so cute!

Saturday actually started on Friday night with a sleepover with Ella. We slept in Dave's old room. She was a great sleeper and we didn't get up until 6:55. WAHOO!!!
Of course we had the traditional pancakes. She always wants pancakes at our house--she gets to help make them. I even let her crack the egg. We left some for Papa but they dissapeared before he got home from the Temple. Oh, well.

Granny picked up Mia and then us and we all went shopping. First to Michael's where I got Ella another wood parrot to paint (only a dollar, but the last one I bought her we ended up giving to a friend for his birthday). Then we went to Albertsons. Mia is at the fun stage to take shopping. She doesn't ask for anything but loves the attention. We got the usual groceries and some donuts for Lance to share with the guys helping them move. Yes, it was moving day again for Ella's family. This will make the fifth home she has had in less than five years.

We found her Dad at the new house just finishing the first trip. They were fortunate to have some helpers from Lance's employment and Scottie (brother-in-law) come and help. It was such a rainy day, awful for moving! But in the end it all got done.

After lunch Ella and Papa were off to the Movie, Earth. Mia and I got well deserved naps. And a little after three I dropped the girls off to their other Grandma's house and breathed a sigh of relief. I made it! I only yelled once--the stress got to me trying to get out the door to the store. Of course, with the help of Great Granny and Papa.
Nanny and Mia

All and all it was fine and fun. Mia is just the sweetest thing. She's a little shy but just a love. the rest of the day was uneventful. Except I did actually cook dinner. And worked on Ella's birthday party invitations.

And thus you have it, my Saturday before Sunday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got to spend some time with the girls. They are darling! Glad your weekend went well. :) I'll be seeing you for Mother's day!

Sara Anderson said...

It's good to see things are going well for you!
In order for us to be able to view EACH OTHERS blog, I am making my blog public for a limited time...I will add a post where you can give me your email so I can add you as a reader when my blog is no longer public! I hope to hear more from you! =0)
Thanks, Sara Anderson

Mary said...

I'm glad it went well. Can you imagine doing that BEFORE your surgery? There would have been a lot more yelling and plenty of tears! :o)

Rebecca said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for taking my kiddos!