easter

Together

Together

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Medical update as of Sunday

Perhaps this is not the place to put this info but I will anyway.

The Doctor was great! Pat drove me down and Mary, our family medical consultant, met us there.
Not only was the doctor there but he had a nurse to draw blood for lots more tests and the lab was also staffed so they could get started on the tests. i should get the results on Monday he said.

Meanwhile, the doctor informed us that the tumor is approximately the size of a walnut and had almost totally encompassed the carotid artery and is pressing on the optic nerve. these are almost never cancerous! It needs to be removed and the sooner the better. I will have to see the surgeon as soon as possible this week (another trip to the big city) and then it will be scheduled. The doctor hopes by the end of the week.

We are frankly excited. I cannot wait to see again! The kids "want their mother back." Pat, of course is worried, but satisfied that the doctor knows what he is doing. I think we are all a little worried but dwelling on it just makes it worse. The after math, trying to balance the hormones involved will not be fun but the whole idea of normalcy is overwhelming.

I've got a lot of good helpers in the Relief Society and I am sure they will very competently take over.

Life goes on and we are so very blessed to live ina time and place where the medical knowledge and services are available. Even more Pat is employed and we have insurance to help cover the costs.

When I know the time and place I will let you know, probably via email. Love ya lots and lots and lots!

No comments: