easter

Together

Together

Monday, February 1, 2010

A Credit Card Loss or Identy theft.

Just a little piece of plastic

Well, I got a call from Bank of America about some charges made on my card. What card? I didn't even remember having a bank of America Card, neither did Dad. So - - I checked around and nothing! So I finally got in touch with the bank and . . . Yes, I do heve a card with them, they had all my information. Evidently I have had the card for 4 years. They even sent me a new one last year. Me? I never got it, I don't think. They had no record of me using it in at least two years except now for flowers and fireworks.

Well, I no longer have an account with them! And they will send a fraud report and claim which I must return. Isn't that strange? It seems like if someone stole it--they would have used it for more than $70 worth of flowers and $10 worth of fireworks.

I am at last grateful for these fraud protection services now provided by Credit Card Companies. Up until now I have considered them a realy pain wondering why they had to call everythine the card --rarely used--was used.

I kind of feel bad for the companies. When someone denied the use of a credit card used a Dave's store--they took it out of Dave's account. His little store lost money-not the Credit Card company-who could probably afford it. But, I didn't order the flowers or fireworks.

I do believe I got off easy. But, I think it is a warning of sorts, shread, shread, shread, and lock the doors. It could have been much worse! another blessing!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh--a little bit scary! I wonder who is buying flowers and fireworks!

Lexy said...

that is really weird. If you are going to steal a credit card atleast make it worth your while! LOL just kidding. I am sorry that is a real pain to deal with. We have had our share of fraud, so we can share the pain.

Rebecca said...

WEIRD.