easter

Together

Together

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Oh for my Chair!

The weekend was nice. Dave and Lexy stayed and watched conference with us and I got to enjoy seeing Noah's first walk down the runway. Saturday night Granny bought us Kentucky Fried Chicken. It's been a long time since I had KFC and it was so nice not to have to cook!

Beck and girls came over for the morning session. She brought yummy cookies. (thanks!) The kids got to play a little it was fun for them I think. After they left Noah kept walking around calling "Ella, Ella." He missed her. but it was nap time for Mia and Noah.

Dinner on Sunday was kind of a fiasco. the second box of Fettuccine Alfredo was a little old, it had bugs in it. When I added it to the stuff in the pot already, well I ruined both of them. While trying toi fish out the exoskeletons, which I could hardly see, the meat started to burn. I had to dump out the noodles and sauce and ended up washing the frying pan three times before we got to sit down to eat.

But that wasn't why I was ready to cry all the way through dinner--I held it together pretty good hoping it was the hormones. However just before dinner Lexy noticed there was only one rocking chair on my porch. I know there were two there yesterday. I remember looking at them while I was visiting with Shelly from next door. I was anxious for spring and returning to the play and visiting on the front porch. But one of my chairs was gone. We looked around the yard and asked Pat if he'd put one in the garage or something. But NO, the chair is gone.

I wanted those chairs for a very long time. I really enjoyed those rocking chairs. Why would someone steal my rocking chair? It makes me so sad! why pick on me? A rocking chair is not a necessity of life. They just took it because they could. I know they had no idea how hard it would be on me, at least I hope they don't know. I am just so very sad. Stealing is just not nice! I guess I am just going to have to find a way to chain everything down.

But if you happen to see a white rocking chair just sitting around somewhere it doesn't belong, let me know. I would be happy to identify it. I would offer a reward if I weren't trying to figure out how I am going to save enough money up to buy a new one.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sorry! I hope you can get another one! :(

Screamin' Meme said...

It's unfortunate that whoever took it didn't realize how much it meant to you. I hope you can get another one.