easter

Together

Together

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 18, 1980-September 30, 2002

(l-r Mary, Dave, Dad, Rachael, Sarah, Mom. John, Rebecca--and the green brush)

The Family-April 1985

April 18, 1980, was the birthday of my oldest son, John Patrick Nolan. We celebrated it-without him. September 30, 2002 was the day that changed my life. It was the day I lost him, he would no longer be here with us on our earthly travels.

I know I am not the only one that misses him. It is that very fact that has made survival possible.

If you never knew John, I am sorry. He was a great person to know. Not only was he smart but he was kind and nevr judgmental. He was the ultimate pacifist, he would not fight with you or tolerate harsh sounds or words. He would just leave. He was an excelent teacher, he did not make you feel stupid, no matter how many times or ways he had to repeat himself. the world would be a better place if we had more like him. He was a musician playing classical-accoustic guitar and the viola. I miss hearing him sit on the couch and just play background music.

Oh, I know he was not perfect.
As the girls say, "he missed the clean gene." They also believe "clean" is a recessive gene as their parents are also appear to be challenged in the house cleaning area.

I really do not have the words to express how much I miss him. BUT, I have living children and grandchildren that I truly love and cherish. Thay are here and as long as they are (and forever) love and cherish every minute I get to spend with them.

Thank you God for allowing me to be John's mother. And thank you John for teaching me about the really important things of life, God and the ones I love. Everything else is extra! 'I will love you forever, I will like you for always. As long as I am living ( and forever) my baby (son) you will be!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Actually, April 18, 2002 was John's last earthly birthday. I miss him too. So much.

mommynolan said...

Thanks Mary, I made the correction. =)

Screamin' Meme said...

What a beautiful family Renee. I'm sorry I never got to know John. I know just what I learned from Arlynda about him and even then his story and life touched mine in a way I don't think I could have explained then or still now. You've dwelt with a lot of hard times and come through them you are awesome.

Loya said...

I think of him often, and miss him still. God bless my sweet cousin John...

Love you!