easter

Together

Together

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Trip Home Day one




Ready to go!
They say you can never go home. Who would want to when all the people you love live in Utah? Well, I would, just for a day. I knew things had changed, so. I still wanted to see the places thet only exist in my ever dimming memory.

Dave and Lexy went to Florida last year and brought back some great pictures. That really made me want to go home again-just to see it again. Dave, I am sure, talked Dad into the adventure and together they gave me a trip of a life time.

It began April 7th with Beck and girls taking me to SLC. We started our trip with a visit to Mooches-we needed "drinkage" for the trip. We met up with Rachael at Crown Burger for lunch after which Rachael took me to her house to pick up Dad and then to the airport.
I knew we needed to be early because of the increased security. I had not been on a plane since all the new rules were put into place. What a pain! My bag weighed just 3 pounds under the limit. They also made me dump out my ice. I LOVE to chew ice! Ice is not a liquid, gel or cream. . .It is a solid. But I threw it out, keeping my cup! I could get more ice on the other side. I had tucked a bottle of water in my bag for Dad to have with his lunch from Crown Burger. I had to throw that out too. Oh well, I like feeling safe-whether I truly am or not.

We were off on time but a little late getting into Denver. We were sopposed to have 25-30 minutes to change planes. Who knew gates 30 something and 44 could be so far apart. Clear across the airport it seemed, we ran. But we made it and we were off to Florida.
Here is the only picture I took the first day-Dad, my hero, waiting for the luggage. How could ours, which had to go in last actually come out last? Just one of the many mysteries I do not expect to ever have answered.
Our rental car turned out to be a very nice upgrade to a dark blue Grand Marquis, with all leather interiors-WOW! Here is a picture from later in the trip.

Thanks heavens for Magellen (which Dave lent to us-Thanks!) We found our way to the Days Inn on International Drive. We didn't get into our room until after midnight. We were so tired-we didn't even seriously think about eating. We needed sleep!

1 comment:

Lexy said...

look at you already blogging on the trip. I have yet to finish. :( Nice work See how on top of things you are