easter

Together

Together

Monday, March 15, 2010

It's a beautiful thing-Freedom-the real reason we visited Home Depot

It's a beautiful thing- Freedom

For weeks I have been waiting for the bill from Home Depot to arrive.

On December 23rd I caved in and purchased a snow blower. We have lived in this snowy world for over 20 years--without a snow blower.
We have shoveled a LOT of snow! the last big snow fall before Christmas resulted in some pretty bad back pain for Pat. Now was the time, we were going to join the legions of snow blower owners (the angels of our neighborhood). But who has an extra $600 two days before Christmas? Certainly not me!

So, I opened a credit account (to save 10%) and charged the big Christmas surprise! That was before i knew about the trip Pat got for me. One of the employees even delivered it for me. I covered it up and put a bow on it-or meant to. I was so excited for pat to see it, and use it!
It didn't snow the rest of the Christmas holiday.
It has only snowed twice--enough to use the blower--since then.
it's like insurance. If you have it you don't need it. If you don't have it you will need it--snow seems it will never stop!

Back to the story.

The bill finally came. I could hardly wait to get down to the store and pay it off! Maybe that is why I forgot to ....see the previous blog.
Needless to say, I paid off the snow blower. And I feel so free. I just hate things hanging over my head. If I didn't get it done in time I would have to pay all the interest and I wasn't sure when my 90 days would be over. I am free again. Free to save for the real "Best
Christmas Present Ever" the trip to Florida.

Thanks Dad-for the trip and eating the horrible meals I have made lately (saving money to pay for the snow blower.)

No comments: