easter

Together

Together

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Remember, Don't Get Caught With Your Pants Down

Remember, Don't Get Caught With Your Pants Down

I can honestly admit I have no idea where that saying came from but an experience I had last Friday made me realize it is very true!
Granny and I were walking into Home Depot. I grabbed her a basket and rolled it to her. Then I grabbed one for myself. We always bring baskets back into the stores. I think it is because we don't feel so bad about leaving ours outside when we leave. The problem began when I turned around to get my basket, my pants fell down-down passed my knees. OOOOOHHHH!!! and they were back up. Whew, I looked around. Granny was laughing so hard-it didn't feel so funny but I guess it really was funny to her.
NO PICTURES HERE!
When I looked at the waist band I realized they hadn't come down by accident. Well it was by accident but I had forgotten to zip and button them. Oh my! it was a really cold and yucky day so their weren't many people around. I was so very relieved. Evidently I had washed my hands, walked out of the restroom, picked up my keys and purse, walked out to the car got in and drove to the store and nothing went wrong, no evidence of such an oversight at all.

Later I challenged myself to uncover the hidden message in my experience. I have been doing that more lately-trying to see what the Lord is trying to teach me. Let's see

1. Always button and zip your pants! You might even want to check! Ok, literal but a good lesson to learn.
2. "Always wear clean underwear"-remember the caution your Mother told you about going to the hospital. Maybe she was right, except you might find yourself at home Depot and not at the hospital. Just a thought!
3. What ever you are hiding. . .you'd better beware. At any moment, just an innocent lapse of memory could reveal that which you never intended to reveal! The confessions of a State Legislator on the last days of the Legislature (the day before) came to mind. Inappropriate actions 25 years ago had taken another good man down.
4. Thus the real message, just don't do anything you wouldn't want your world to know or see.
Then you won't have anything to hide.
I think that is what my brain looks like.
What does my memory look like?
I can't remember. Did I ever know?

As I age I realize my memory isn't what it used to be. There are things I wish I could remember. And. of course, there are others I wish I could forget. I guess it may be a blessing that we can't remember what it is we forgot. As long as it doesn't come back to bite you.
The only real way to be sure is to truly never do anything you would not want everyone to know. I am sure I learned this lesson before but I don't remember.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I laughed out loud at this one. I'm glad you were wearing clean undies.

Lexy said...

HaHAHAA ! This was too funny. Oh how I wish I could be there to share the laughter! You are so silly it makes Dave and I giggle! Don't worry noah pulled mine down while walking on ATherton in the summer time when there are lots of cars. :( I totally know the feeling. Its pretty funny but at the moment you try so hard to get those things up. HE sat on the ground holding on to them and wouldn't let go.

something very bright said...

Hahaha! Good things to keep in mind, for sure.