easter

Together

Together

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year Greetings 2010

New Year Greetings 2010
Some things are better finished-the flu for one! That was nasty! But I know I will be better soon.

so it's time for all things new. My Day Timer paged came today--yea! Now I can plan for the rest of the year. It seems silly but until I write it down it's just not real. So, hurray for calendars and my "brain in a bag" as my kids once named my Day Timer. As long as I do not lose it, I'm good.

After reading the blogs of Beck and Sarah I have sincerely considered what would I tell my 16 year old self and my 25 year old self.

My 16 year old self would hear how it is not worth it to cheat in school. If you don't want to do the work do not take the class. You are capable of anything--you just need to choose carefully and put you heart into it. I would also tell her that maintaining your morality os worth more than you can imagine-just hold on! I would also tell her not to judge the Church by the poor choices and judgements people will make about you. Hold you head high and you will succeed.

To my 25 year old (mother of 4 moving to Panguitch) self I would say. Hold on to who you are.
Do not believe what others say about you. Remember what is important. You will get your chance to go to school. Right now just be a good Mom and hold on it will be worth it.

What would my 70 year old self have to say to me? Do we make it out on a mission? Do I ever get to use all this education? Does all this Relief Society work really matter? Am I using my energy in the way I should?

Of course, there are a million other questions I would love to have answered but then I guess the surprise would be gone. But life is nothing if not a surprise--and the real life is what you do in the face of life's surprises.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow--I love that last bit. That's a great quote. I wish I could tell my 16-year-old self a few things too.

Tiesha Nesbit said...

Oh I love your advice. You are able to uniquely quote and express the things I need to hear all the time. Just so ya know I think you are one of those people who have a profound influence on others for good and don't even realize all of the greatness about you. Have a great 2010.