easter

Together

Together

Monday, January 11, 2010

Sorry Ella

Sorry Ella
Now that's my girl!

Friday night Beck called and offered me the opportunity to have Ella spend the night with us. I said no. I already had Mary, Allen and Benji here. Dad had just come home and I thought I had enough to deal with. what I failed to consider was how Ella would feel.

Beck wanted to go over to Scott and Candace's home to play games. Lance could join them after he got off. She could take Mia and Sabrina--they would go to sleep. I thought Ella would too. But, her cousins, S &C older two children were already spending the night with Grandma (the one they share with Ella). How would Ella feel to find out her cousins were at Grandma's and she was not invited?

I don't know if Beck figured something else out or not. I do not know if Beck and Lance got to go over and play games or not. I jsut feel bad that I did not think through the whole situation and then say yes. I love my LaLa girl, she is simply precious to me. She requires a lot of attention but that is not reason for me to not have turned down such an opportunity to show my love for her.

I am so sorry Ella. Next time you have a Friday off from school I want you to come and spend the night here with me. And we will make pancakes for breakfast! I know that is your favorite. I will love you forever! Granny

2 comments:

Mary said...

Poor Ella-Boo! I didn't know she wanted to come over! Sorry we ruined such a nice opportunity!

Rebecca said...

:)
I'm so grateful she has you to understand her.