easter

Together

Together

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ahh, time to breath

The day after, the day after, the day, Dad came home. Wash. groceries and a movie didn't seem like too much.

While we are on the subject of movies, Dad has taken up counting and keeping score. He counts ma ahead by two. Last week we saw Last Chance Harvey, predictable but really cute. This week we saw New in town. Who cares that is was also so predictible, it was Harry Connick Jr and Renee Z.

On the way home I got it, there must be a lot of 3Ms (Manly Men Movies) coming out soon. I got a little smile out of him. I followed up with the observation, "I suspect that you started counting now is not a coincidence." I would be behind by hundreds, if not thousands by now if he's started counting sooner--like back when he started keeping track of the cereal in the cupboard. Oh well, better now than never!

So what is up for next week? Into you? I suggested the men go to one move and women go to a different one, each taking their turns with childcare. I guess neither is a good suggestion for Valentines day. How should we celebrate Valentines day. so no one feels bad or neglected? any ideas out there?

3 comments:

coheiress said...

Hello "MommyNolan"... I love your blog! You are so eloquent! I hope we get a chance to visit with you too! Sorry it's been so long! Enjoy your Valentine's Day weekend!!!

Regards,
The Palepois

Lexy said...

That is so funny cause DAve does the same thing with me when we watch movies. I know where he gets that from. LOL
He makes sure he gets as many 3M's as I do chick flicks. Oh how funny.Love you! I am excited to see you guys this weekend.

Rebecca said...

What if you and Dad take all the grand-kids and leave us to our own devices? That spells out a SERIOUSLY happy V-day to everyone! ...Uh, right? :)