easter

Together

Together

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Postlude to the Ant's Visiting Teaching Conference

It's 8 pm and I am home at last. It has been a very long day.

I do not have a broken arm, just a bad bruise that has put pressurre on the nerve--thus the pain. Tomorrow the radiologist will check it X-ray again and then I will get the final word.

A lot of peopel showed up, overr half of all the visiting teachers, We ran out of seats so some actually picniced on front and others ate after others finished. It was kind of fun--and maybe worth while to have the young women there. Now they do not have the idea that RS is boreing and just for old ladies.

The program went well. all the little ants were just into their parts and hammed it up perfectly. The Satk RS presidency loved it. I only took a few minutes really to give them a pep talk and explain the gathering of contact information. Singing the ants go marching (the reviised for Vistit teaching versiion) for a closing song was great. we got everybody going and singing gaily.

The food was good we had enough and to spare. Too bad I forgot to put out the two nice relish trays. they remained in the fredge the whole time. Even now they are nice and safe, waiting in the fridge. They only drank one gallon of milk but only left one big glass of suger-free lemonade. I ended up giving away some chips, and a few sandwiches. I saved some of the left over cup cakes to take to some of the Sisters who couldn't make it tomorrow, along with their packets of information.

Thanks to the Lord for sending us helpful Elders, who set up chairs and tables, took care of the little people adn put the tables and chairs away. Of course, they had RS help but they did most of the heavy work. Thanks men!

I was actuallly thinking of sleeping in tomorrow but no. I have an appointment at 9:30--maybe they can get my brain meds figured out. and then there are all these people to contact. Oh well, the worst is over. And I will sleep well tonight.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow - that's why I'm NOT the RS Pres. I would give a lesson on it on Sunday and decide they're now responsible for themselves!!!

Hmmmm... We'll not mention how long it's been since I've done my own visiting teaching!

Rebecca said...

Sorry about your arm mom!!!