easter

Together

Together

Friday, February 20, 2009

More fun than a barrel of babies

I just returned from spending 4 days with my cute "semi-samoans"
It was very tiring, in other words I am more out of shape, mentally and physically, than I ever imagined possible.

Seuao was recovering from his ACL repair and fairly immobile for the first two days. He was more help than I ever thought an immobile man could have been. By Thursday, he discovered he couldl drive and reacted, as anyone would, by getting out of the house. It wasn't until then that I think I really began to remember what it took to be a mom to a 20 month old very spirited little girl and a sick 5 month old. I am sure I have passed this way before but I must have been younger and stronger and . . . .

Oh, my sweet young friends, you mothers of children and babies, I don't know how you do it! I don't know how I did it so please take with a grain of salt any advice I may ever offer. time dims the mind and memory of the hard times. Like labor, no that analogy doesn't work anymore. With those modern labor assisting drugs, it's just not the same. Anyway, go forth in faith and in the strength of your youth. if youo are very blessed you too will someday be oldER and have grandchildren of your own. I pray you will be in bettre shape than I am!

It was throughly enjoyable to get to know these precious little girls on an individual level. by the time I left the baby was well on her way to health and the older one had Granny wrapped around her finger. Yes, I give sips, read stories, sing songs and watch Sesamie street (that has changed a bit). I shared my bluebarries and chocolate and changed loads of diapers! Now if only I could have sslept in until say 10 am and gone shopping with Sarah everyday and had lunch with friends two or three times a week, it would have been perfect. No, then I wouldn't have had time to be number one in their world for those few precious hours each day.

Thanksw guys, and God for giving me the experiences that really build a life of joy!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Mom, I can't thank you enough for your help this week! These girls are so blessed to have you for their Granny!

We love you!

Unknown said...

I'm glad we got to shop on Friday! :) Thanks for all you do!