easter

Together

Together

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

January's worst

Of all the things that have taken place this past month I want to designate two as the very worst.

1. Freezing rain! We don't get freezing rain very often , in fact this may have only been the second time I remember ever being caught in freezing rain. You can drive in snow, you can drive in hurricane wind and rain--sometimes--but you cannot drive in freezing rain without risking your life. I heard there were 6 ambulances at the emergency room at one time. that was a first for our smaller size city. There were untold numbers of accidents. I walked out of the Employment Resource Center and feared for my....bones. I made it to the car but had to scrape the windows. that is really hard to do when one's feet slip easier than ice scraper! I did make it into the car and very slowly home but resolved not to go out again for the whole day. I didn't even venture out the next day. I do not like freezing rain!!!

2 The passing of our friends' fathers. Two of our friends in the Ward had their fathers pass away. Even though they had both been fading for sometime it is still hard to see the loss of a faithful family patriarch. January is already cold and dreary without death's grip. I try not to thinking about such life changing and challenging experiences. We have already lost our fathers--long ago. i will leave it at that.

No comments: