easter

Together

Together

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another Relief Society Birthday Party

Life is good, the party is over and I am home again.

I can't believe how surprised I am that so much goes into these parties.

I hae a great Homemaking Counselor. She and the Enrichment leader have been working on this one for over a month. They tried countless recipes for middle eastern soups and turkish cornbread. Just in case there were some less adventurous among us a good old fashion beef stew was also provided. It was the first gone. For dessert we had brides fingers, a real traditional treat. All and all the food was great.

We had a program based on the book based on the parable of the Ten Virgins. After which I gave a little talk tying together the Relief Society Birthday, our current circumstances and applying the parable to the sisters in the ward. We really involved a good number of sisters and had a turnout of over 69 sisters. The two counselors in the Bishopric were there but the Bishop was not. Oh well, I have to trust people make the best decisions they can.

Again I am reminded, there are things I could not do alone. This was deffinitly one of them. I am so very grateful for faithful sisters that follow through, no matter how big or small the part It is a beautiful thin and one of God's tender mercies.

5 comments:

Lexy said...

I am glad it all turned out well and you had so many sisters come! :)
I was thinking about the whole triplets thing. Is there any way you could talk to the bishop about making some little callings or something that gets like four or five girls to rotate/ take turns helping out this lady. Since not very many people want to help out. If she is that much need of help.

Unknown said...

It's always good to be reminded that there are decent people still out there. I think mom, we as social workers tend to think there are less than are really out there. :)

mommynolan said...

You did a great job!

mommynolan said...

The last comment was by Beck, she was on my computer . . . thanks for the for of confidence.

Screamin' Meme said...

It turned out really good. I was glad to see you had so much help.