easter

Together

Together

Friday, March 13, 2009

I Wanna (did) Run Through the Halls of My High School

I saw Mary's answers and wondered if anyone knew any of these things about me. I wonder if I even know these things about me, let;s see,

1. Did you date someone from your school?
Yep, sort of, he'd already moved on to the hard stuff.

2. Did you marry someone from your school?
No, no good Mormons there, other than me, of course.

3. Did you car pool to school?
No, the feet worked fine, until I could drive myself-my mother's car.

4. What kind of car did you have?
Who remembers stuff like that, an old station wagon maybe.

5. What kind of car do you have now?
A 1995 Ford Taurus--thank you John!

6. It's Friday night...where are you? (then)
On a date or getting ready for a speach contest, at least every other Saturday.

7. It is Friday night...where are you? (now)
Feeding Pspa, and watching tv-such a thrilling life!

8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Job? Who had time for that, too many service opportunities. I did all of them!

9. What kind of job do you do now?
The ultimate Social Worker-186 sisters keep me pretty busy.

10. Were you a party animal?
Sort of, I was the designated driver. As the only non-drinker I enjoyed lots of laughs watching the fools.

11. Were you considered a flirt?
Probably, with the debaters form other--less Cuban--high schools.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, choir?
Sorry, no. Debate anyone?

13. Were you a nerd?
Not really, did we have nerds in the 70's?

14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
Yep, but I was right! and in the end the Principal got in trouble for it. He called me an encouragable. Me? Someday i will tell you the story.

15. Can you sing the fight song?
No, that information has been permanently deleated from the data base. But I do remember my favorite cheer. "Womp up si' head, womp up si' head"

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
I wasn't there enough to know their names in the first place.

17. Where did you sit during lunch?
I had to show up in order to go to lunch. (I got great grades, I could speak English)

18. What was your school's full name?
Miami Senior High School

19. When did you graduate?
1973-so long ago

20. What was your school mascot?
Stingray

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
No, it got better and th ebest is still yet to come.

22. Did you have fun at prom?
Yes, but I didn't really get asked until just the day or two before. I am glad I went!

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to prom with?
Not in the last 35 years or so--oh, I am suddenly feeling really old.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
Haven't been to one yet, why start now?

25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Not a single one, and I haven't since I got married. Living acorss the country doesn't help, but I doubt I would anyway. See #1 and 2 above.

So now you know who I was in High School. I wish I had a picture I could share, but living in the past never has done me any good--I was kind-of pretty though way back when,

Forever the optimist-The best is (still) yet to come!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love hearing about your high school days. It ups my coolness factor that I have a mother who was suspended from high school. :)

Mary said...

Thanks, Mom. I learned some new things about you!

Queen of the Castle said...

I want to hear the suspension story. Mommy Nolan suspended from High School? I never would have guessed.

Screamin' Meme said...

I'm with Arlynda I want to hear the suspension story.