easter

Together

Together

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Green Green Grass of Home


Missy Mia love the green green grass of our house!

I really like the grass in our front yard. Dad supports it through the spraying and watering and cutting, of course. but now, there are bugs in it. Clumps of grass just pull right out. Little holes are turning into bit holes. Our neighbors to the south had big, big patches of dead grass in their front yard just a week or two ago. So, I inquired of them regarding the turn around. Bayer bud granules, $17 a bag at Lowes. I just couldn't spend that much on holes, or could I? After reading way too many labels I settled for a $12 bag, I think it is the same stuff, I hope it is the same stuff. Maybe I should just take it back and get the real stuff, after all, I do love the green green grass of home.

While at Lowes I (on Dad's credit card) purchased a motion sensor light fixture for the front porch. they only had one design. and it takes those silly candelabra types bulbs. Ugh, I do not want to be constantly purchasing and replacing the bulbs, but I do want the fixture and the added security it promises. Evidently the new energy saving bulbs do not work in these type fixtures. I think I will go to Home Depot tomorrow.

Speaking of which, Granny and I went to Home Depot yesterday. I purchased a concrete block, a heavier chain and combination lock to use on the front porch. I do not want to lose my other rocking chair or glider. So, they are now chained down! I forgot to look for the light. But I did look for the stuff I would need to make more tomato cages like the ones we have been using for 20 years now. I am tired of the little ones that fall over and in the end do not do the job they were purchased for. However, the only stuff I could find was $139 and 330 feet. Lowes had nothing really and neither did IFA. Now what? I do not know. But the tomato plants are growing and something does need to be done soon. I do love tomatoes! I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm sorry about the grass! That's a little disturbing, especially since you're such loyal Chem-Lawn customers. Hmmmm. And I think the motion light is a great idea. Love you!