easter

Together

Together

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Off and On the List

It makes me feel good to check things off the list. But sdomehow I usually (read today) add more than I can take off. So here it goes:
"Ill take the big one please!"

From the list
Get a drink at Mooches- I will need the nourishment and calming influence!
too bad, they are getting a new machine in today. Head to Beck's other source-make do without the fruit punch on top!

Go to Lowes. return the bug stuff and buy the light bulbs. Now these are the most difficult bulbs to find! 25 Watt candelabra base (about the size of you finger tip) look a little lik C7 the Christmas lights but they screw in and have a different wattage. Kind of like a night light but see above. Not frosted, not 40 or 60 Watt, not haligon--I can't believe it finally found. Spent more time in Lowes without being offer help than EVER before.

Add to the list
Shopko-White rocking chairs-that match my missing one-are on sale--one day (today) only.
Since I am going there i will return the pants that are too big and look for a shirt that will be good for the Walk of Light assignment and the trip to Glacier.

The rocking chairs sold out last week-there were NONE in the Store. On in Brigham, but the could not hold it, even for an hour so I could get there because fo the sale. UGH!! and that was the answer after waiting (to find the scu#) and waiting (only one person on the sales floor and she was taking stuff out to c car where the man was 'moving things around to make room--I ovre heard that conversation after going through half the store looking for the sales associate that would not answer the page. . .oh . . ) and waiting (for the customer assistant to call Brigham (and waiting for their only sales person to answer the page and check inventory).

After stoping back by the house to pick up Granny-she didn't want to leave the house until she got her wash moved-we were off again.

Wallmart Drive by- tiny hard plastic pool and smaller plastic pools. It was pouring rain so we didn't get out. I just drove up onto the sidewalk to check them out. There seemed to be plenty so I choose to leave it for another day. Granny wanted to go to KMart.
KMart- She tried to get me to park in formt of kohls but I prevailed when she discovered we were not at KMart. Ran through the rain. Granny had a coupon for $14 off of any purchase of $14 or more. We picked out a couple of puzzles for Lily-She put the two I liked (wooden with handles, animals) back and got a wooden 50 statyes of the US and another cardboard type. After standing in line-next in line we couldn't even back out like everyone behind us did-waiting for the New cashier-her second day- open a Sears Charge account for the older couple in front of us . .that really did take some time.-she discovered she had only purchased $13 worth. I ran back to the displat we'd just passed and got her a bag of Dove chocolates (boy did I need those by then) final price for Granny $2.56. My purchase $18-I got the plastic pool and, of course, my own medication (Doves chocolates) . Back through the rain, at least I had the pool to hide under. I figured if I got hit in the parking lot--you can't see much with a pool over your head--it wouldn't be because they couldn't see me. Oh I forgot, with the pool hanging off the front of the basket we did swing by the clothing department. I found a really cute jacket and shirt set but at $17 an $12, I passed them by. It is not easy to get around a store with a molded plastic pool hanging around the basket. I ate chocolate all the way home!

Total
Rocking chair on and then off the list--too much to do no trip to Brigham
Lowes trip lights and bugs off the list
Clothes for Thurdsay's talk on the list
the drink taste awful when coupled with chocolate-but that didn't stop me.

Granny gone home for the day-
Life is good, I'm still here.
If I couldn't laugh at myself I'd be in big trouble!

No comments: