easter

Together

Together

Monday, June 29, 2009

Papa's Birthday



It was a fine weekend. We celebrated Papa's birthday.


Mary and Allen were able to come up and we all enjoyed Benji's walking! Saturday Papa took me to see The Proposal. I loved it and Papa laughed almost all the way through. I am a sucker for romantic comedy so I do not care to evaluate the actual quality of the film or performances.

After we got home I made salad for the Ward Potluck barbecue and Papa took Mary back to see Star Trek. He said is was every bit as good the second time. Allen spent the afternoon fixing Beck's computer. We all enjoyed the barbecue, Benji even ate. The guys all went home and Mary and I went to Sam's and Walmart and, of course, stopped by Charlies on the way home.

Sunday was fine (no early meetings) until I tried to take a nap. It simply was not ment to be. Phone calls, visitis, back to catch the Bishop (he went on vacation this week) more visits . . .then it was time to finish dinner. thank goodness Mary put in the meat or we might never have had the opportunity to eat Sunday's dinner. After dinner we had Lemon-ade cake, per Dad's request. Dad got a movie, four actually, and a bunch of new Gs. He seemed to appreciate both. I can't remember what I did after that but the Mary left me with a great gift of my own, a clean kitchen.

The Salt Lake crew will be celebrating Monday night. I wish I could be there but . . .I will be satisfied with what I had, a good weekend and happy Dad.
Thanks Mary for the pictures!

1 comment:

Mary said...

You're welcome. Love you!