easter

Together

Together

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Progress

Progress is a funny thing when you look from the perspective of yesterday, or last week, or month or year it's not hard to see how far you have come. However, from the perspective of one ahead of you, looking back, or just meeting you on the path it may be very hard to see and movement at all. Aren't we blessed in that the Lord can see the big picture. He knows where we are today and how far we've come. He is the only one that truly knows how difficult our particular path has been.

The mortal application

If you do not know how much I have had to do this week or how difficult it has been you may not see any progress at all. The house is not clean, the dishes are still in the sink, the table is close to a foot deep in places although Dad could sit down to dinner tonight if he were here.
I never found a cute top to wear tonight and the outfit I decided on got red punch spilled all over the front of it. Now I have to take a step backwards and find something else to wear. I am still not sure what I should say to these Young Women, speaking usually comes so easily to me. Lily does not have a gift yet. I haven't had a decent meal all week.

On the other hand. I got all the potatoes stuff for the Fish Fry purchased, divided up and except for one delivered. I dyed my hair-I know vanity is evil but as long as Pat has dark hair--and he is older than I am--I feel like I am entitled to that indulgence. Besides it only costs $7 every six weeks or so. I did miss my nail appointment-it was yesterday, UGH! They are going on four weeks and will soon start to pop off.

I did finish the Father's Day candy bars and wrappers last night, cute little ribbons and all. Today I took them to the Church house and hid them in the Clerk's office. They are too much of a temptation to anyone that enters this house hungry. (Rebecca and I refrained yesterday by making brownies.)

I also got my weekly update on the sisters written and sent off to the Bishop. I just didn't think I would have time before Sunday so I did it at 6 am today. I also got some decent sleep last night, finally! I purchased some ear plugs at Walmart yesterday and they seemed to help. I didn't spend two hours fighting with the noise of the new oxygen machine trying to get to sleep. I hate wearing the things. They are a bit annoying, i feel like I have a head cold all the time. But if they make the difference two hours of added sleep they are worth the inconvenience.

I have got about two hours before I need to leave for Girls Camp, I wonder what progress I can make by then? I am sure I am the only one that will be able to see it even if it is simply showing up on time, and prepared. I know this is last minute, I have had at least five week to get ready. Whatever. The Lord knows my heart is in the right place.

It is thundering outside, I wonder if we will get rained out. I won't count on it.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I can tell you're making progress, even if it's from your procrastination blogging. I do quite a bit of that myself.