easter

Together

Together

Friday, June 12, 2009

Where can I turn for peace?

Why is it there is a certain segment of society that seems to think they can take what clearly does not belong to them?

I have always felt safe in our home here in peaceful city. Now I have to lock the doors even during the day! It is so annoying to have to get out a key to get into my own house. but, it just isn't worth the risk any more. Yesterday i purchased the motion light for the front porch. I think I will ask my hometeachers to help me put it in. FYI Conner, the little boy on the corner had his bicycle stolen just the other day. So locking down the front porch furniture I believe was fully justified. but listen to this.

A block or two over a fellow turned on his sprinklers only to have guisers go off all down the row. Someone had stolen all the sprinkler heads. They just screw off, but why? that just seems so juvenile. I can't believe it!

Somewhere some parents failed to teach their children to respect others property. and, unfortunately the police don't seem to bent on getting after the problem either.

Wait, we the law abiding, hard working citizens, pay our taxes, obey the laws, and always get caught for every little infraction should be protected from the bad guys!
When i asked my neighbor, Susan, what she thought we should do her only suggestion was to pull a "Dennis and Janice" and move up on the hill. Why can't the thieves just go up there, where the citizens can better afford to replace the stolen items.

Why can't people just respect each other and leave what is not theirs alone? I bet if someone stole something from them . . they'd be really mad!

What is this peaceful village becoming? Where can I turn for peace?

1 comment:

Mary said...

Scary, isn't it? I have always felt that way in SLC, but now it's in Logan, too. :(